Data protection information
We take your privacy very seriously and we process your personal data in accordance with the respectively applicable statutory data protection requirements. Personal data in the meaning of this information includes all information that can infer a reference to you, hence, for example, your name, address, email and IP address, and usage behavior.
In the following data protection information we would like to inform you on how we process your personal data. In addition, we will provide you with an overview of your data protection rights. Which data is specifically processed and in which form significantly depends on the used, requested or agreed services.
1. Controller and data protection officer
(1) The controller in accordance with Article 4 Para. 7 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or service provider in accordance with § 13 of the German Telemedia Act (TMG) is:
Vision Experts GmbH
Am Sandfeld 15
(2) The data protection officer for the controller can be contacted at:
ISRA VISION AG
The Group Data Protection Officer
2. Source of personal data
We process your personal data which we receive from you during the course of your visit to our website, as part of your contacting us by email or via a contact form.
3. Categories of the processed personal data
(1) If you visit or use our website strictly for informative purposes, i.e. if you do not register or provide us with information in another form, we only collect the personal data which your browser passes on to our server. When you want to view our website, we collect the following data which is required from a technical standpoint to display our website to you and which ensures its stability and security:
- your IP address,
- date, time and duration of your visit,
- content of your request (specific page),
- respectively transmitted data volume and access status (files transmitted / not transmitted),
- website from which the request comes,
- your browser type,
- your operating system,
- your device type.
This data is solely used for internal statistical purposes.
(2) In addition to the above-mentioned data, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files which are stored on your hard disk in such a way that they are associated with the browser you are using and which provide certain information to the party placing the cookie. Cookies cannot execute programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They are used to make the internet more user-friendly and more efficient as a whole.
(4) Most browsers are set so that they accept cookies. You can deactivate the saving of cookies at any time in your browser or set your browser such that you receive a message as soon as cookies are sent. However, we would like to point out that if you do this you may not be able to use all the functions of the website to their full extent.
(5) This stored information is stored separately from other data possibly provided to us. In particular, the cookie data is not linked to your other data.
4. Other functions and offers on our website
(1) Along with the purely informative use of our website, we also offer different services which can be used when of interest to you. This generally requires that you provide additional personal data, which we then use to perform the respective service and to which the previously defined principles on data processing apply.
(2) When contacting us by email, the following personal data must be given: title, name, your company, your telephone number and email address.
This personal data is saved by us for the purpose of responding to your request.
5. Involvement of Youtube videos
(1) We have included YouTube videos in our online offering, which are stored on http://www.YouTube.com and are directly playable from our website. These are all integrated in the "extended privacy mode", meaning that no data about you as a user is transferred to YouTube if you do not play the videos. Only when you play the videos, the data referred to in paragraph 2 will be transmitted. We have no influence on this data transfer.
(2) By visiting the website, YouTube receives the information that you have accessed the relevant subpage of our website. In addition, the data specified in section 3 of this data privacy information will be transmitted. This happens regardless of whether YouTube provides a user account that you are logged in to, or if there is no user account. When you're logged in to Google, your data will be assigned directly to your account. If you do not wish to associate with your profile on YouTube, you must log out before activating the button. YouTube stores your data as usage profiles and uses them for purposes of advertising, market research and / or tailor-made website design. Such an evaluation is done in particular (even for non-logged in users) to provide needs-based advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these User Profiles, whereby you must direct them to YouTube.
6. Categories of recipients of personal data
(1) Some of the above-mentioned processes and services are performed on our behalf by third-party service providers which have been carefully selected according to data protection principles. These external service providers are bound to our instructions and are checked on a regular basis.
(2) With regard to transferring data to other recipients, we shall only provide information on you when legal provisions require this, you have consented or when we are authorized to transfer such data. If these requirements are met, recipients of personal data may include:
- public bodies and institutions (e.g. financial authorities, law enforcement authorities) when there is a legal or official obligation,
- other companies within the Group.
7. Purposes for which personal data is to be processed and legal basis for processing
We process your personal data in compliance with the respectively applicable statutory data protection regulations. The processing is lawful when the following conditions are met:
- Consent (Article 6, Para. 1 (a) of the GDPR): The processing of personal data is lawful when the consent to process the data for defined purposes (e.g. processing of your query, use of the data for marketing purposes) has been given. The granted consent can be revoked at any time with effect for the future. This also applies to the revocation of declarations of consent that were issued to us before the GDPR entered into force, hence before May 25, 2018.
- Based on compliance with contractual obligations (Article 6, Para. 1 (b) GDPR): We process personal data in order to fulfill our contractual obligations or to carry out precontractual measures performed upon request. The purposes of the data processing primarily arise from your query.
- Based on compliance with legal obligations (Article 6, Para. 1 (c) GDPR): Vision Experts GmbH is subject to various legal obligations. These include:
- Commercial and tax-related retention regulations in accordance with the German Commercial Code and Tax Code.
- Compliance with tax law-related control and notification obligations.
- For the purposes of legitimate interests (Article 6, Para. 1 (f) GDPR): If required, we process your personal data beyond the actual fulfillment of the contract to safeguard our legitimate interests or those of third parties. Examples:
- Assertion of legal claims and defense in case of legal disputes,
- Ensuring IT security and IT operations,
- For the analysis and improvement of the use of our website.
8. The intention of transferring personal data to a third country or an international organization
An active transferring of personal data to a third country shall only take place when this has been explicitly pointed out as part of the above-mentioned services.
9. Criteria for specifying the duration for which the personal data is stored
(1) The data is stored in accordance with legal provisions governing data processing and in consideration of statutory retention periods. We process and use your personal data exclusively for the purposes you have authorized and for as long as the data is required for these purposes.
(2) If the personal data is no longer needed for the purpose or to comply with legal obligations, such data will generally be deleted unless their temporary and possibly restricted processing is required for the following purposes:
- Compliance with commercial and tax-related retention obligations: The German Commercial Code (HGB) and the Tax Code (AO) shall be named in this regard. These stipulate retention or documentation periods of up to 10 years.
- The preservation of evidence under the statutory limitation regulations. In accordance with §§ 195 et seq. of the German Civil Code (BGB), the regular limitation period is three years; however, this can be up to 30 years under special circumstances.
10. Your data protection rights
(1) Every affected person has the right of access in accordance with Article 15 GDPR, the right to rectification in accordance with Article 16 GDPR, the right to erasure in accordance with Article 17 GDPR, the right to restriction of processing in accordance with Article 18 GDPR, the right to object in accordance with Article 21 GDPR and the right to data portability as per Article 20 GDPR. The restrictions in accordance with §§ 34 and 35 of the German Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG) apply to the right of access and the right to erasure. Furthermore, there is a right to lodge a complaint with a responsible data protection supervisory authority (Article 77 GDPR in conjunction with § 19 BDSG).
(2) You can revoke the consent granted to us for the processing of personal data at any time with effect for the future. This also applies to the revocation of declarations of consent that were issued to us before the General Data Protection Regulation entered into force, hence before May 25, 2018.
(3) You have the right, based on reasons arising from your special situation, to assert your objection to the processing of data related to your person, collected based on Article 6, Para. 1 (e) GDPR (data processing carried out in the public interest) and Article 6, Para. 1 (f) GDPR (data processing for the purposes of legitimate interests) at any time.
Should you file an objection, we shall no longer process your personal data, unless we can provide verification of the legitimate grounds for the processing that override your interests, rights and freedoms, or when the processing serves the assertion, execution or defense of legal claims.
The objection is free of form and should be directed to:
ISRA VISION AG
The Group Data Protection Officer
11. Obligation for the provision and possible consequences of a non-provision of personal data
Within the scope of using our offers, you must provide the personal data which is required to fulfill the purpose or which we are obligated to collect by law. Without this data, we will generally not be able to conclude the contract with you or execute such contract.
12. Data security
We also use technical and organizational security measures to protect incoming or collected personal data, in particular against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction or against attacks by unauthorized persons. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological advances.
13. Changes to the data protection information
We develop and optimize our services on an ongoing basis. Therefore, new functionalities may be added. Should this influence the way we process your personal data, we will inform you of this in our data protection information in a timely manner.